- What are the dates for the Tucson Gem & Mineral Showcase 2024?
- When should I go to the Tucson Gem Show?
- How can I get the Tucson Gem Show 2024 tickets?
- How long does the Tucson Gem Show last?
- Can anyone go to the Tucson Gem Show?
- How can I register?
- How can I participate the Tucson Gem & Mineral Showcase as vendors?
- Where should I go?
- How can I get a map of the Tucson Gem Showcase?
- What times are the shows open?
- Is the Tucson Gem & Mineral Showcase free? How much are tickets to the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show?
- Is the Tucson Gem & Mineral Showcase open to the public?
- What is the best way to get around the show?
- Do I need to pay a parking fee at every show?
- How many vendors and shows are there at the Tucson Gem & Mineral Showcase?
- What are the differences between the Gem Show and the Mineral Show?
- Where can I get lunch at the shows?
- Can I use a credit/debit card at the shows?
- What should I bring to the Tucson Gem & Mineral Showcase?
- Is there a shipping company at the show?
- Is the Tucson Gem Show Cancelled due to COVID-19?
- What are the dates for 2025 Tucson Gem and Mineral Showcase?
- What are the dates for the Denver Gem and Mineral Showcase 2024?
This section shows you many tips based on frequently asked questions about the Tucson Gem & Mineral Showcase.
What are the dates for the Tucson Gem & Mineral Showcase 2024?
Tucson Gem Show 2024 (Winter): January 27-February 11, 2024.
Tucson Gem Show 2024 (Fall): August 29-September 1, 2024.
When should I go to the Tucson Gem Show?
You should visit there around the final week of January through the first week of February.
How can I get the Tucson Gem Show 2024 tickets?
You can get tickets at the Tucson Gem & Mineral Society.
Tickets are available starting Thursday, January 11, 2024.
Read more: Tucson Gem & Mineral Show (Main Show)
How long does the Tucson Gem Show last?
Three-weeks. Some of the show continues over four weeks.
The peak is the final week of January through the first week of the February every year.
Can anyone go to the Tucson Gem Show?
How can I register?
You have two options.
One is through the Internet, the other one is at the show’s reception.
Most of the shows will allow you to pre-register through the Internet. Pre-registration is not mandatory, but it will save you time (You can skip the long line).
Also, you can register at the entrance of each show when you get there. You will receive a badge from the reception staff on the spot.
Please bring your business card, a valid Business License or Tax Certificate or Sales and Tax Permit for gem, minerals, jewelry related business.
Read more: Registration
How can I participate the Tucson Gem & Mineral Showcase as vendors?
1. You should know which venue is matched for you before applying. (cost of booth, location, number of customers, type of main merchandise on the venue, type of customers, etc.)
- 2. You have to submit official application form to the organizer.
- 3. Make a contract and payment.
More information, please see the following page.
Where should I go?
Please see Recommended shows.
The Tucson Gem & Mineral Showcase consists of near 50 shows. It is pretty hard to choose your favorite one in these shows. If you have a specific target such as jewelry, fossil, mineral, rocks, or beads our recommended ranking will help you.
How can I get a map of the Tucson Gem Showcase?
Please use the Tucson Gem Show Map 2024 (Google Map).
Read more: Tucson Gem Show Map
What times are the shows open?
Most of the shows open at 10 AM.
However, most of the shops welcome you before 10 AM except for Wholesale only shows and Businesses only shows. They close are at 6 PM.
If you need to know dates, hours, and location, should download Tucson Gem Show Apps.
Read more: Tucson Gem Show 2024 Schedule
Is the Tucson Gem & Mineral Showcase free? How much are tickets to the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show?
Yes, most of the shows are free.
However, the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show called “Main show” requires an admission fee of $13 per day for adults, and children 14 and under are free with paid adults.
Please keep in mind, the Main Show is the only show with an admission fee.
Is the Tucson Gem & Mineral Showcase open to the public?
Yes, most of the shows are open to the public.
- In 2023, 36 shows are open to the public. 8 shows are open to wholesale buyers only, and they require your registration.
- Read more:
What is the best way to get around the show?
Rental cars are the best way to get around the Tucson gem show.
As you know, the shows take place in different locations and they are scattered throughout Tucson.
Other options are Uber, Lyft, taxis, and GemRide Shuttle. These options are stressful sometimes because you cannot find and catch them and you may spend 15-30 minutes waiting for each ride.
If you do not want to drive, you can also consider a rental bicycle and E- Scooter.
Read more: Rent-A-Car
Do I need to pay a parking fee at every show?
No, but it depends on the show.
You should have some cash on hand for this purpose because you cannot use a credit/debit card for parking fees.
How many vendors and shows are there at the Tucson Gem & Mineral Showcase?
Over 4,000 vendors and 45 shows are at the winter Tucson Gem Show. In fact, nearly 65,000 people visited Tucson during the 2021 winter show.
Vendors and buyers came from all of the United States, Europe, Brazil, Japan, China, and Africa.
In contrast, the fall Tucson gem show is not as big. (Just 2 big shows and a few small shows.) 2019 show had under 1,000 exhibitors because most of the vendors and buyers often go to the Denver Gem & Mineral Showcase, Denver, Colorado.
Read more: Recommended vendors
What are the differences between the Gem Show and the Mineral Show?
It is the same.
People do not tend to distinguish the name of the shows. Local people call this show “Gem show.” Generally, if you say gemstones, it refers to expensive stones. Minerals are associated with rough and heavy rocks, such as crystals, turquoise, and amethyst.
Where can I get lunch at the shows?
You can find something to eat for lunch at each property.
There are many food vendors, such as Mexican, Vegetarian, Chinese, Japanese, and Greek. (It depends on the show.)
Read more: Restaurants
Can I use a credit/debit card at the shows?
Yes, but it depends on the shops.
We recommend that you use cash because most of the vendors cannot process credit/debit card payments, and cash is one of the advantages of negotiations for discounts.
This is why the Tucson gem show is known as the most famous event of huge cash circulation. When you need more cash, you can find an ATM at each property. You can also use checks at the shows with proper ID such as Driver’s license.
Recently, many shops adopt the Square Card system for credit/debit card payment users. It is good for you, but you should be careful of identity theft.
What should I bring to the Tucson Gem & Mineral Showcase?
You should bring the following 14 things.
- Cash, checks, credit/debit cards
- ID (Drivers license, Passport, Travel ID, etc)
- Business cards, Business License, Tax Certificate
- Shoulder bags or backpacks (We do not recommend Carry-On Bags)
- Comfortable shoes
- Jackets (easy to take and off)
- An extra battery or portable charger for your phone
- Sun protection cream, moisture cream, and lip cream
- Hand sanitizer or wet wipes
- Snacks and coffee
- Loupe, calipers, measuring tape, flashlight
- Pen and notebook
Read more: The Weather during the Tucson Gem Show
Is there a shipping company at the show?
Yes. Generally, there is UPS or DHL on the property.
They help you with domestic and international shipping, and they have boxes, plastic tapes, and bubble wrap. If you purchase tons of minerals, you should ask vendors because vendors know what is the best way to ship.
We recommend that you should carry to your home your gemstones and minerals by yourself as much as you can because the shipping cost of UPS or DHL is very high especially international shipping.
You should prepare extra space for your suitcases or purchase an extra suitcase in Tucson. It is cheaper than using UPS or DHL.
Is the Tucson Gem Show Cancelled due to COVID-19?
Tucson Gem Show 2024 is not cancelled.
In the Tucson Gem Show, masks, test, and vaccination are NOT mandatory.
What are the dates for 2025 Tucson Gem and Mineral Showcase?
The showcase will be held through February 1-16, 2025. Some of the shows will start earlier.
What are the dates for the Denver Gem and Mineral Showcase 2024?
The Denver Gem & Mineral Showcase will take place on September 6-15, 2024.
Many vendors who attend the Tucson Gem Show will gather in Denver every year.
More information? Please visit our sister-website Denver Gem Show 101.